3 Anti-Aging Exercises To Feel Younger, Today!
When it comes to looking and feeling younger, don’t forget that there are exercises to feel younger – not only what you put on your skin – that can bring out your vibrant best. If your skin care regimen has been perfected, then perhaps it’s time for you to consider an exercise regimen to improve the appearance of your skin as well.
Consider these three exercises that can boost your energy, and have you feeling younger in no time.
1. Bikram Yoga
Besides burning anywhere from 226 to 335 calories each hour you spend on the mat, Bikram Yoga works to calm the mind, strengthen muscle, gain flexibility and is a great way to keep you in shape, and looking younger.
While a typical session is normally closer to 60 minutes duration, a beginners Bikram Yoga class can run for up to 90 minutes. Bikram is a hot yoga style, and is often practiced in a heated room of 40 °C (104 °F).
Bikram yoga is particularly great for your skin as the heated room, combined with the induced sweating, cleanses your pores and invigorates your body both inside and out.
Calisthenic exercises are exercises that require nothing but your muscles and gravity – also known as bodyweight exercises – combined with cunning creativity to give you an energizing workout on the go.
Calisthenics really challenges the belief that the only way to get a toned, youthful looking body is to head to the gym. Not true. Try these Calisthenics exercises to feel younger, and get great workout results without the gym:
- Push-ups: 3 sets of 15 reps. Do them on your knees if you have too much trouble on your toes.
- Dips: 3 sets of 15 reps. Use the edge of your bed, a chair, or some stairs in place of a traditional dip bar.
- Side-to-side squats: 3 sets of 10 reps (each leg). Essentially like a side lunge, start from standing, then step wide to the side for a deep lunge.
- Pistol squats: 3 sets of 10 reps. Squat down on one leg, thrusting your free leg out in front to balance. Squat down to a chair to begin with, and work your way up to a full pistol (without chair).
3. Resistance Training
Resistance strength training is extremely important in looking and feeling younger – no matter what your age or gender.
The more muscle you have in your body to replace fatty deposits, the higher your metabolism will be – burning more calories and having your body work at keeping toned, even while you sleep!
Try the following exercises in a strength training circuit which target areas all over your body. Add weights to increase the resistance, and the toning potential!
- Single-Leg Deadlift: Balance on one foot and lift the opposite parallel to the floor. The goal is to bend as far to the ground without losing a straight back and knee. Use your glutes and keep the core tight.
- Push-Ups: Start in a plank position and… you know the drill. Be sure to keep a straight back and not let your lower back lose form when you lower. Go on your knees if you can’t do a normal one.
- Plie Squats: Stand with your feet slightly turned out about four feet wide. Lower your glutes into a sitting position until your quads are parallel with the floor.
4. When Motivation is Low, Get a Professional Coach
And when your motivation is low or you’re not sure how to get started with a winning exercise regime, then seek the accountability and support of a professional weight loss coach. Programs such as these offer a comprehensive, structured support program backed by one-on-one coaching that can guarantee results.
Use Exercises to Feel Younger and Look Your Best
Cosmetics and expensive surgery aren’t the only way to look and feel young again. What exercise you do plays an equally important role in your youthful, vibrant looks. So if you think all is lost, think again. Try different exercises to feel younger – the natural way.